Located in Asaka city of Uzbekistan, «GM Uzbekistan» JSC, was founded by companies like “GeneralMotors” and “Uzavtosanoat” in March, 2008. “Uzavtosanoat” owns the 75% of stake in the joint venture, the remaining 25% is owned by GeneralMotors. “GM Uzbekistan” employs more than 9,000 people; more than 250 thousand cars are being produced each year and are supplied to the domestic market and for export, including Russia and other CIS countries.
«SamAuto» LTD. is a plant for the production of commercial vehicles (trucks and buses) in the Republic of Uzbekistan. Located in Samarkand, the enterprise was founded by «Uzavtosanoat» and «Asaka» bank joint-stock along with Japanese «ItochuCorporation».
The company is equipped with high-tech equipment of Italian, German, Japanese, Turkish and British companies. The draft process working principle of «flexible production». It is based on the maximum use of technological equipment with digital software control. The plant specialists have extensive experience in the development of a wide variety of bodies on request.
On September 4, 2009 - assembling of MAN trucks was started on the production lines of “SamAuto” LLC. This was the first products of a joint venture «JV MAN Auto - Uzbekistan» created in August, 2009, established by “Uzavtosanoat” and the German company «MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG», in which the Uzbek side has 51% of the stake, German side owns the 49% of the stake.
In «JV MAN Auto-Uzbekistan» works on localization of production of component parts for MAN trucks have been undertaken. Part of localized parts is already being tested in Germany to meet the high requirements of MAN. A presentation on «Localization of production of component parts for MAN vehicles» was held in October 2013 at the Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent.
Managers and technicians of more than 200 joint ventures and private enterprises, which are already producing component parts for cars of “GM Uzbekistan” and “SamAuto” came to see the list of the of products for MAN trucks proposed for localization.
October 28, 2008 “Uzavtosanoat” and the «General Motors» Corporation signed an agreement to establish a joint venture «GM Powertrain Uzbekistan» CJSC JV for the production of power trains. Creation of «GM Powertrain Uzbekistan» JV was a natural step in the development of Uzbekistan. The company produces DOHC engines (1.2 and 1.5 liters), with which cars produced at Asaka automobile plant are equipped, a substantial portion of automobile engines is exported to assembly plants of «General Motors» abroad.